Job Description – Managing Director
Group: EverGlade Life Sciences
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
EverGlade Consulting believes that great people are the core of everything we do. By focusing on the right people, we can turn the best ideas into innovative solutions.
EverGlade goes to market based on industry. At the Managing Director level, individuals are expected to be dedicated to a group and be a leader within the Company. This role would also involve leading a solutions group. Being on a leadership track comes with increased responsibilities including people development, recruiting, practice development, and new client development. This role is part of EverGlade Life Sciences, a group that provides solutions to life sciences organizations. We primarily help clients received R&D funding through federal contracts and help clients develop their products more efficiently. There is never a typical day for our people, but here are just a few of your typical responsibilities:
- Leveraging analytics to make recommendations to key stakeholders at a pharmaceutical company.
- Assessing a company’s technology portfolio to determine if they might be able to get R&D funding.
- Helping an emerging biologics company get its clinical trial back on track.
- Recommending and implementing business changes to leverage emerging technologies and enable efficiencies.
- Participating and leading initiatives, focusing on collaboration and inclusion within EverGlade and the local community.
We recruit well-rounded candidates who perform well professionally and have an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for high-flyers with an intellectual curiosity, who can build relationships, lead others and who aren’t afraid to question the norm. Candidates should be interested in and passionate about embracing change and using technology to drive business outcomes.
- Dependent upon area of focus: Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Business field such as IT Management, Finance, Accounting, or other comparable business major.
- PhD in relevant science field
- 10+ Years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated expertise in your field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new clients.
- Self-Starter: Has a drive to succeed with minimal supervision required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a practice successfully.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead client engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new clients and new practice areas.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work through some of the most complex problems independently.
- Demonstrated expertise within your field.
- Strong Excel skills, including an understanding of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP/SUMIF functions and advanced functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
EverGlade is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.